February 4, 2013

Mirror Mirror

I absolutely love decorating with mirrors. They open up a space like none other and are fantastic for spreading natural light throughout a room when placed opposite a window. Mirrors, however, are generally quite pricey, especially when you're searching for a large mirror.

Thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales are my favorite place to buy mirrors, you just have to keep an open mind and remember that anything can be changed with paint.
I found this beauty at a thrift store in Atlanta for a mere $10 and instantly had visions of reflective light in my head. She wasn't in the best shape of her life when I brought her home, but after a little cleaning up and a few coats of metallic gold spray paint, she was looking mighty fine.

I tend to get attached to my transformed thrift pieces, and I lovingly refer to them as "he" or "she" and sometimes even name them. I tried to name our guest room "Jesse" because it's a pretty gender neutral name, but my boyfriend just wasn't feeling the Jesse love like I was, so we now just call it the "Guest Room/Craft Room/Office." How original.

But back to the mirror. Here she is now with her pretty new coat on. I love it. And I really love the price. After the makeover, this mirror ran me a whopping $15. Can't beat that.

The images are showing the color a bit splotchy-looking, but that's just the metallic sheen reflecting off of my camera. The coverage is nice and even in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment