October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween to everyone! It's been a few weeks since I've posted regularly due to an insane schedule, but because this is my most favorite holiday ever, I wanted to share with you guys a pumpkin party I recently hosted as well as my Halloween decor. It's no secret pumpkin painting is growing increasingly popular, and I love that they last longer than carved pumpkins and they're so much prettier. A few weeks ago I hosted a small get together with a few friends to welcome fall with some pumpkin painting, and we had a lot of fun.
I kept things very low key by pulling out various colors of paint and spray paint from my paint drawer. I also supplied tape, stencils and paint brushes for application.
For my pumpkin, I started by taping off some polka dots and giving my guy a coat of black spray paint. (I know I say this a lot, but it really does make such a difference in coverage when you go with a better brand of paint. I like Krylon or Rustoleum as they give great coverage in very few coats. If you go with the inexpensive stuff, you'll need three coats to provide the same coverage of one good quality can. So save yourself some time and invest in the best.) After the black was dry, I removed the tape to reveal orange circles and added silver and gold dots to the mix as well. The entire project took about an hour -- of course that hour also included mimosas and yummy treats, so no complaints here.
Here are the pumpkins all together after finishing. And I'm wrapping up the post with my Halloween decor. Most of this stuff I already had in my stash, but I did add the framed "31" this year. That number is one I use on a regular basis, so I'm quite fond of it. Last year I made the orange, black and white tassels, and I was so happy to reuse them again this year.
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and end the night with some sweet treats! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment