October 10, 2012

Guest Post: Tyler's Take on Terror

Fall is officially here! Pumpkin spice lattes, cooler weather and holiday decor - the perfect trifecta in my opinion :)
 
Halloween really kicks off the holiday season and in our neighborhood, everyone gets into the spirit of things. The houses end up looking super festive and it's fun to see what everyone comes up with.  When I began decorating our house, I couldn't wait to get some pumpkins on our front porch. I arranged a number of them on our steps and by our front door. 
From there, I dug out our decorations that I have been collecting over the past few years (please see below for sources - each item I purchased was under $15). The spiders are great because they're bendable and can easily attach to the railings (they're also weather proof).  The bats, boo sign, broomsticks and skull all help with making the porch look extra fun and creepy.
If it's standing still, I feel you should decorate it - hence our mailbox.  I draped it in fabric, hung a boo sign and attached a smaller version of the spiders that are on the front porch.
Lastly, I wanted to create a Halloween vignette in our dining room.  I went with the theory that we couldn't have too many spider webs.  I added in some scary books, miniature spiders, candle holders, medicine bottles and an awesome gold skull, which when covered by a cloche makes for a perfect centerpiece.
I hope you all have a very happy Halloween!
 
Sources
Pumpkins - Home Depot and Target
Spiders (large and small) - Target
Bats, Broomsticks and Silver Skull - HomeGoods
Orange Boo Sign - World Market
Mailbox Drape - Target
Black and Silver Boo Sign - Gifted
Spider Webs - Target
Books - Goodwill
Gold Skull - Z Gallerie
Cloche - One King's Lane
Candle Holders - HomeGoods
Medicine Bottles - HomeGoods

1 comment: