July 8, 2012

Tie the Rope


Well, technically, hot glue the rope. Rope is an incredible inexpensive way to update just about anything. I bought this spool of thin twine from Home Depot for just over $2 and with it, I made four drawer pulls (using old pulls I replaced a while back, so those were free.99) two small twine glass jars, and one basket (out of a cardboard box). 



Above you will see the pulls after they've been dressed up a bit with rope. Sorry, no in-progress pictures. This is a very simple project, just dab a little bit of glue into the center of the knob, start wrapping and voila!

Next, I made two small glass jars, one is sitting next to an antiqued frame and I love how the natural colors in the twine bring out the brown in the frame. The other is pictured with a metal tin and a candle wrapped in another rope. Quick and super simple projects that can be made in minutes for merely pennies are really my idea of a good time. These took me about five minutes and cost under $1.


And because I never want the rope projects to end, I also made this adorable bathroom basket. Baskets can eat up a pretty penny in your home when you love them as much as I do. They conceal clutter and they're fashionable, and who doesn't love a double-whammy? Not this girl. For this project, I simply wrapped twine around a cardboard box, that was f-r-e-e. (If you look closely, you can see the inside of the cardboard box). Now I have a pretty place to store my bathroom essentials.

 This concludes my rope DIY. It was all very simple, but the results are fabulously functional.

Materials needed:  

One small spool of rope. The size will depend on the object you'll be working with. My local hardware store sells many different sizes, colors and materials ranging from under $2 to upwards of $15.

Hot glue gun and glue sticks.

Happy crafting, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment