July 24, 2012

Combating Clutter


Controlling clutter can be a difficult task, especially if organizing isn’t your thing. However, being organized is really the secret to getting more crossed off the to-do list each day, and isn’t that everyone’s ultimate goal?
So I’ve put together a few simple steps to follow to combat clutter in your space.

1.)    Remove everything from the room you’re working on.
2.)    Group like items together.
3.)    Use baskets, bins and drawers to fill the now-blank space.
4.)    Bring items back into the space in their new groupings.
5.)    Everything has a place.
6.)    Maintain.
Following these simple steps will ensure a clutter free home initially, but step number 6 is the most important of all. Each day, make sure to allot some time to put things back in their place, whether it’s the end of a work day, before bed or first thing in the morning. I personally do it before bed, so I wake up with a neat and organized home and my mind is free to focus on my day rather than my clutter.
 Happy Organizing, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Is this a post for me? :) I will follow these tips this week to get my place in shape, I promise!

    ReplyDelete