July 9, 2012

Dressing Up Mason Jars

Mason jars are all the rage right now. They're great for storage, and are visually pleasing as well, especially if you have them in stained glass such as blue or pink. I like to collect them in a cluster and use them to house a variety of fresh flowers. I also love them standing alone. But my most recent Mason fix came from simply sprucing up the tops, and letting them speak for themselves. A few months ago I got my hands on about 12 of these jars (gifted to me from my Aunt, so they were free!!). I initially had plans to dye them blue and seal them with mod podge for a faux blue glass, but I'm loving the chic outcome of this super simple fix.

For this project, I just used a little batting I had lying around and some lace fabric I found at Goodwill a few years back for $1. This fabric was actually two curtain panels, which have been used for a plethora of projects around my place. There's something about delicate lace that just makes me smile. It's an incredibly versatile fabric and is one of my favorites to work with.





Marterials needed:
Fabric of your choice
Batting to add a little volume
Scissors
Mason Jars with lids








I like an eclectic mix, so I left some of my jars untouched and for some I just ditched the tops all together.

Anyone else totally crushing on mason jar arrangements? I'd love to hear about it in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment