January 28, 2013

Starting Fresh in a New City

After an extended holiday hiatus, which included some much-needed time spent with family and friends, a move from Atlanta to Gainesville, Florida, and a new roommate, in the form of my boyfriend, (to say the least, I was quite busy) I am happy to be back blogging on a regular basis.

We packed up my stuff and moved down to Gainesville just over a month ago, and in the chaos of the move I lost my camera cord that connects to my computer, but luckily I found it this past weekend. Posts without pictures are just no fun.

With that move, of course, comes a new house, and I can't wait to share it with you guys. I feel like I'm living a dream. A whole new house to decorate is very exciting, and something I'm accustomed to, having moved more than 10 times in the past 10 years. But this is my first time having the entire space to make my own, I mean our own.

Before I show you all the new house, lets take one last look at the old house on moving day. With all the craziness of moving, I only had time to snap a few pictures as we were finishing up. John is in good spirits in this photo because we were FINALLY approaching the end. And all.those.stairs. were just as bad moving out as they were moving in. Note to self, never move into another home that has lots of turns and stair sets, they will make your life hell on moving day.
Now onto the more exciting stuff. Here is how the house looked on day one, when we moved in at one o'clock in the morning after driving down from Atlanta with a huge Uhaul. Our new landlord was so sweet to welcome us with a heated house, a poinsettia and a box of goodies. Apologies for the poor lighting in the photos, as I said, it was one in the morning. (Warning, the rest of this post is very picture heavy).

The Kitchen:
 The Living Room:
The "Hallway" 
 Our Bedroom:
 The Guest Room/Craft Room/Office:
 The "Laundry Room":
 Hall Storage Closet:
 The Bathroom:
After about a month of unpacking and shuffling boxes and furniture from room to room, we are now residing in a livable state, but we are far from finished. And I'm ok with that, I want to take my time decorating this place, because it's our first place together and I want it to feel extra special.

Be sure to check back in tomorrow as I'll be sharing stage one of the decorating process.



No comments:

Post a Comment