December 20, 2012

Guest Post: Merry Christmas

Christmas is quickly approaching, and in the midst of the holiday madness, I moved from Georgia to Florida. Things have been crazy to say the least, but posts should be returning to normal after the holidays. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. Below is Tyler's Christmas guest post, Enjoy!!


Christmas is my most favorite time of the year.  I'm one of those people who have no issue with Hobby Lobby setting out their seasonal decor in June - I even get excited for Christmas when it's 90 degrees out.

So when the Yuletide finally gets here, I feel very festive and can't wait to start decorating.  To me, nothing replaces a real tree (the smell is amazing).  However, this year we got a fake tree so that we could keep it up and enjoy it a little longer (we found it on sale at Target).
I wanted to go with a little less traditional color scheme and in came the white, silver and black.  Most of my ornaments were purchased at HomeGoods and Target.  Otherwise, a few came from some specialty shops throughout the year. My tree topper came from West Elm and I love that it makes such a statement.
For my mantle, I wanted to go with a simple design.  I found the three trees at Target and used apothecary jars that I already had and pinecones from around my yard.
For my stairs, I used garland and wreaths I ordered on sale from Christmas Central.  I used black ribbon to coincide with the black ornaments.  I love that it isn't a typical Christmas color, but still looks festive.
I hope you all have a beautiful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment