December 6, 2012

Getting into the Holiday “Spirits”


Becca never ceases to amaze me with her endlessly creative projects. Drink up, y'all!

After relentlessly searching the Internet for “decanter labels” and “decanter tags” and coming up with meager results, I took it upon myself (and my creative boyfriend, Justin) to make them ourselves. I knew I wanted a rectangular shape and bronze/gold color. My first thought was to find really small picture frames to use as the label holder. Luckily, it is the perfect time of year as there were many small ornament frames to choose from. I was excited to find what I wanted at Michael’s; although, they were larger than I would have liked. But at $3.33 each, I couldn’t pass them up. As you can see, they had a red ribbon but I wanted to change it out with something more interesting so I purchased a 36” inch chain for $8 from Michael’s.
For the next step, Justin designed and printed labels with some direction from me J. Even if you don’t have access to a graphic designer, you can print templates online or even hand write the labels to add a more personal touch.
I cut out the labels to the correct size and inserted them into the frames. I then cut off the red ribbon and cut the chain to the desired length. It is important to measure the length of the chain, so you know exactly where you want the label to fall. I actually purchased a jewelry connector kit that I ended up not needing since there was already a small connector on the frame. Because of this, I was able to hook the chain to the existing small ring connector and hang the label from each decanter.
I’ve been collecting interesting decanter bottles for sometime now and am happy to have finally filled them up with good spirits and label them properly. Now our friends and guests can easily concoct their favorite drink at our bar cart. Cheers and happy holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea! Are those lead crystal decanters? I use glass ones. They aren't as pretty but are safer.

    ReplyDelete