November 14, 2012

Reveal: New Entry Table

I'm so excited to share this reveal with you guys. I've been working on it for some time now, and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. Especially considering I only shelled out $15 to make this baby mine. She was just begging for an extreme makeover, so that's what I gave her.

Can you believe I found this gem for $15?! There was absolutely no way I could pass it up. When I bought it it looked like this:
I found a gallon of orange paint in the oops section at Home Depot a while back and decided to use it on this project. But after working my paintbrush through all the detailing on the front of the piece, I decided this orange would only serve as the base coat, for two reasons. 1.) I hated how long and labor intensive it was to meticulously paint every groove and 2.) I wasn't loving the color.
So I picked up a couple cans of Rustoleum's Paprika (a beautiful mix between orange and red) spray paint. I started by removing all the hinges and taking off the doors, since I could paint around them when using a brush, but wouldn't be able to spray around them. It only took two cans since I had  the base coat on there beforehand. I just applied light even coats until she was completely covered. After the first coat it looked a little like this:
But after multiple coats, she was a bright shining star. And I was in love. Of course, by this point in my mind, I had already styled her in four different places in my home (as a TV stand, a welcome table in my entry, my new bar, and extra storage in my bedroom).
After I had all the coats on the doors and the body, I applied a top coat of polyurethane. I use Rustoleum for this and always use the brush-on as the spray-on gives a blotchy finish. I can't vouch for other brands because this is what Home Depot, my number one go to store, carries. And a huge shout out thank you to Amanda for the Home Depot gift card, it was used well :).

And here she is in all her glory. Sorry for the terrible photos, the rays of sun that come into the entry spliced up the shot a bit and my second attempt was at night when there was no natural light so the color is definitely reading a little more red in those photos than it actually is. I had so much fun with this project, what do you guys think? Not too shabby for about $25 total!

No comments:

Post a Comment